FOR THE MANCHURIAN BALLS :
1. Cabbage ,finely chopped - 1/2
2. Capsicum , deseeded and finely chopped - 2
3. Carrots, grated - 2
4. Ginger-garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
5. Red chilli, powder - 1 tsp
6. All purpose flour - 1 tbsp
7. Cornflour - 5 tsp
8. Salt - to taste
9. Oil - to deep fry
FOR THE SAUCE :
Onion, finely chopped - 1 big
Capsicum, cut into small cubes - 1
Tomato, ground to paste - 1
Garlic cloves, finely chopped - 7-8
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Cornflour - 2 tsp
Tomato sauce - 1 tbsp.
Soya sauce - 1 tsp
Chilli sauce - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Vegetable stock / water - 1 cup
Salt and Black pepper - to taste
TO MAKE BALLS :
- Wash all the veggies, grate and chop.
- Transfer all the vegetables in a bowl and sprinkle salt.
- Mix well and leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Now squeeze out the excess water and add ginger, garlic, flour, corn flour, garam masala and red chilli powder. Mix thoroughly and take little quantity on your palm to make like a small ball.
- Heat oil in a pan and slide 3-4 balls at a time to deep fry. Fry them till they are golden brown. Drain out the oil on tissues and keep aside.
TO MAKE THE SAUCE :
- Heat in oil in a pan and add chopped garlic and saute.
- Add chopped onions and capsicum, saute till onion turns transparent.
- Add red chilli flakes and tomatoes.
- Add all the sauces and vegetable stock.
- Add salt, sugar and pepper as per taste.
- Cover with lid and bring it to a boil.
- Make a paste of cornflour with water and add it to the sauce while stirring till the sauce thickens.
- Remove from flame.
- Add the fried balls just before serving otherwise they will become too soft or soggy.
- Serve with plain rice or fried rice.