For the puris :
Wheat flour - 2 cups
Salt -1/4 tsp (or as needed for taste)
Oil - 1 tsp
Water - for dough
For Saag :
- Potatoes - 2 large (cut into cubes)
- Tomatoes - 3
- Green Beans - 5-6
- Carrots - 4
- Peas - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1 (sliced)
- Coriander - 1/2 bunch ()chopped
- Green chilies - 2-3 (chopped)
- Salt - to taste
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seed powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Amchur powder - 1/2 tsp
- Curd - 1 cup
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Water - as needed
- Mix all the ingredients and knead into a soft and smooth dough.
- Cover and keep aside for about 30 minutes.
- Now divide the dough into small balls.
- Roll out each ball into a small chapati.
- Don't make it too thin else it will come out crispy.
- Deep fry the puris until they are evenly golden yellow on both sides.
- Place on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
For the Saag :
- Chop all the vegetables and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add cumin seeds and mustard seeds , when they start spluttering add the sliced onions.
- When the onions turn transparent and slight pinkish add ginger-garlic paste, saute well.
- Add turmeric powder and mix.
- Now add all the chopped veggies, coriander, green chillies and stir.
- Then add red chilli powder, salt, cumin seed powder, amchur powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- Cook for about 2-3 mins and then add sufficient water.
- Let it cook till all the veggies are done and the water is absorbed well.
- At this point add curd and mix well.
- Add enough water according to your need depending upon the consistency you desire for the saag.
- Now cook for 5-6 mins.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with puris.
Enjoy and Good luck :)
LINKING TO :