FOR THE PURIS :
Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
Ghee/oil 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Water as needed
FOR THE SYRUP:Sugar 1 cup
Water 1/2 cup
Oil for deep frying
1. Mix together flour, cardamom powder, salt, ghee and water. Knead into a soft dough.Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes divide the dough into small portions and make balls out of the dough.
3. Roll the dough balls into small puris/chapatis.
4. Keep them covered.
5. SUGAR SYRUP :Mix 1 cup of sugar to 1/2 cup of water. Add 1-2 cardamom pods, slightly crushed. Mix with a spoon and then heat at medium heat for 5-10 minutes until sugar is dissolved in water. Do not overheat, that will caramelize the sugar.
6. Heat oil in a pan. Keep the flame between medium and low.Deep fry the sweet puris until golden color.
7. Drain excess oil on a tissue and dip the hot puris immediately into the sugar syrup.
8. Leave it inside the syrup for 1/2 minute.
9. Remove and serve at room temperature.