Jaggery - 1 cup (powdered)
Water - 1 cup
Cardamom seeds - 2 (powdered)
1. In a thick-bottomed vessel, add water and jaggery. Cook on medium-high heat till Jaggery melts and begins to concentrate.
2. When it starts foaming, it has reached the right consistency. To test, take a small plate with water add a few drops of jaggery syrup, and if you can make a ball then the syrup is ready. This whole process takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Constantly stirring, add murmura (puffed rice). Also add cardamom powder.
4. Within one or two minutes, murmura starts to soak up the syrup and comes together into a dry mass.
5. Wait for about 5 minutes for murmura-jaggery mixture to cool down and then start making laddus. Wet your hands with little water and make round balls.
6. You can also add food coloring [yellow, red, green] to the jaggery syrup to make colored laddus.