- Minced mutton - 1/2 kg
- Bengal gram / Chana dal - 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Garam masala - cinnamon - 1 stick, cardamom - 4, cloves - 4, kawabchini (cubebs) - 8-10, shahzeera(caraway seeds) - 1/2 tsp - (powdered)
- Coriander (chopped) - 1 bunch
- Mint (chopped)- 1 bunch
- Green chillies (slit) - 8-10
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Onion (chopped) - 1 small
- Clean and wash the mince and put in a pressure cooker.
- To this add chana dal, chopped onion, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste and powdered garam masala.
- Now add chopped coriander, mint and green chillies.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and 1 cup water.
- Let it cook till the mince is tender and all the water is absorbed.
- It should be dry, if it is still moist cook it till all the water is evaporated.
- Remove and let it cool to room temperature.
- Then grind the mixture to a fine paste.
- Now shape the mixture into small round flattened balls or kebabs.
- Shallow fry them with little oil on both the sides till golden brown in color.
- Garnish with coriander, lemon juice and sliced raw onions. with chutney made from mint or coriander.
- Serve hot with hari chutney.
NOTE : If your mixture has become too thin , you can add a little amount of besan /gram flour .