- All-purpose flour / maida - 7 tbsp
- Dates - 10 pitted
- Vegetable oil - 8 tbsp
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Eggs - 2
- Sugar powder - 6 tbsp
- Milk - 1 tbsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Heavy whipping cream - 1/4 cup
- Sugar syrup - 1/4 cup
- Soak the dates in water 6-7 hours or overnight.
- Blend to make puree, keep aside.
- Mix oil and sugar together until soft and the sugar has blended well.
- Add the eggs and beat until well combined.
- Add the pureed dates and mix well.
- Now add a pinch of salt, baking powder and mix .
- Then add the flour in small batches and carefully fold into the mixture, once incorporated repeat with the remaining flour.
- Transfer to a greased tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350F/180C for 40-45 mins until a tooth pick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool down to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whip up the cream until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla essence, icing sugar and cocoa powder until peaks form.
- Keep the frosting in the freezer for about an hour before using.
Decorating the cake :
- As soon as the cake cools down prick the top of the cake with a skewer to make tiny holes and pour in the sugar syrup.
- Once the sugar syrup is absorbed, Spread the cream over the cake from the center and cover the sides.
- Decorate it with chocolate cigars and cherries.
- Sprinkle some love ♥ and serve.