- Maida / All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1/2 tbsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Cold water - as needed
- Rice flour - 1 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Water - 1 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Oil - for deep frying
- Mix together rice flour and ghee to make a paste. Keep aside.
- In a bowl add maida, salt, ghee, and milk .
- Add cold water as needed to make a soft dough.
- Cover and keep aside for about an hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the sugar syrup, add 1 cup of water to 2 cups of sugar along with cardamom powder and make a slightly thick syrup.
- Now knead the dough and divide into equal proportions.
- Roll out each proportion into a thin chapati and apply the rice flour paste on it.
- Now roll the chapatis like a swiss roll and cut into small pieces.
- Press each piece into a poori with a rolling pin and deep fry until golden.
- Drop the pooris into the sugar syrup, let it absorb the syrup.
- Cool and serve.
Enjoy and Good luck :)