~ Celebrating 100 followers :) ~
Crepe is a popular french dish, eaten as breakfast or dessert. Crepes can be savory or sweet.Sweet crepes are often filled and topped with chopped fresh fruits, whipped cream, jams, chocolate spreads, honey, fruit syrups or simply dusted with some sugar.
Crepes are similar to pancakes, but are very thin comparatively.
Lets make some crepes filled with fresh fruits and topped with irresistible chocolate sauce.
- All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 3 tbsp [ powdered ]
- Eggs - 2 eggs
- Butter / vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Sift together flour and salt.
- In a large bowl put eggs and beat them lightly, gradually add in the milk and butter.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Or you can add all the ingredients together and blend them nicely into a smooth batter.
- Heat a griddle on medium flame, pour a ladle full of batter onto it and tilt the griddle so that the batter spreads evenly.
- Cook for about a minute or till the bottom turns light golden brown.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Serve hot with any desired filling and topping.
- Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar - 3 1/2 cup
- In a bowl sift together cocoa powder and sugar.
- To this add melted butter and mix well until smooth.
- Pour some milk and mix well to a spreading consistency.
- Place crepes on a serving plate, put a spoonful of desired fruits in the center of crepes.
- Fold the crepes, drizzle with some chocolate sauce.
- Dust some sugar powder if desired and serve immediately.