A simple and delicious combination of potatoes with green peas in a spiced gravy.
- Potatoes - 3 medium (diced)
- Green peas / matar - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 medium (sliced)
- Coriander - 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Green chillies - 2-3 (chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Chaat masala - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add sliced onions, saute till they are slightly golden brown.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste, stir fry for a minute till the raw smell goes away.
- Add turmeric powder, mix, then add diced potatoes and green peas, stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, salt, chaat masala, mix well till the spices blend well with the vegetables.
- Add enough water and let it cook for one whistle or till the potatoes and green peas are done.
- Turn off the stove and allow the pressure from the cooker to come down.
- Then add chopped coriander and green chillies. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with parathas or rice.
Enjoy and Good luck :)